The Central Enrolment System supports the access and participation of all children in a kindergarten program in the year prior to school entry. Funded Kindergarten Programs operate under the National Quality Framework. These services must meet the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
Enrolment application quick guide
Please read the Kindergarten Enrolment Application Information Booklet for more information.
This information is collected for enrolment application purposes, additional information will need to be collected from you by the Kindergarten at a later date.
- To be able to attend Kindergarten your child must turn 4 years old on or before April 30 in the year of attendance. This is the minimum age requirement in Victoria.
- To be able to attend Pre-Kinder your child must be 3 years old.
- For help filling out this form, contact LMPA – Kindergarten Central Enrolments on 5443 1229 between 9:00am to 5:00pm weekdays.
- Long day Kindergarten programs are typically two days per week, 7.5 hours in length, and mostly run from 8:30am to 4:00pm, Short day Kindergarten programs are typically 3 days per week, 5 hours in length, and mostly run from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Extended Kindergarten programs include additional hours before or after the normal 15 hours Kindergarten program, 2 days per week. (Please note program hours will be confirmed later on in the year and the Extended Kindergarten program attracts additional costs).
- You must complete a new Kindergarten Enrolment Application each year.
- Applications for the first round of placement offers need to be lodged by JUNE 15 the year prior to attendance.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please ensure all documents are provided with your application e.g. Application fee, Health Care/Pension Card and Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).
- Please inform the LMPA – Kindergarten Central Enrolments office if your contact details change after completing your application
2021 Kindergarten Enrolments
2021 Kindergarten Enrolments are open
Kindergarten Enrolment Application Form 2021 CLICK HERE (Hard copy version)
Prekindergarten Enrolment Application Form 2021 CLICK HERE (Hard copy version)
2020 Kindergarten Enrolments
2020 Kindergarten Enrolments are still open
Kindergarten Enrolment Application Form 2020 CLICK HERE (Hard copy version)
Prekindergarten Enrolment Application Form 2020 CLICK HERE (Hard copy version)
Application Timeline (Dates to refer to throughout the year)
Please note that if you have provided an email address, letters of offer will be sent to you electronically.
If you have not provided an email address, please allow time for letters to arrive in the post.
Kindergarten applications open
Applications close for inclusion in first round of kindergarten places.(Please note applications that are not received by this date will be included in the second and subsequent round of offers).
First round of kindergarten offers sent to families.
First round of kindergarten acceptances due back
Second round of kindergarten offers sent to families.
Second round of kindergarten acceptances due back.
Families will receive information from their accepted kindergarten regarding commencement procedures, group allocation and orientation days.
If you require any further information or require assistance please contact:
The Central Enrolments Officer on 5443 1229 or email
Change of Application Details Form
The Change of Application Details form covers all possible changes that may occur regarding your child, including:
- Change of Address
- Change of Preference prior to allocation and acceptance process
- Extended absence from Kindergarten or Prekindergarten
- Withdrawal from Kindergarten or Prekindergarten (Parents/guardians must complete and return the Withdrawal form within 7 days of a child withdrawing).
Find your closest Kindergarten